Every purchase helps shape the world in which we live. This holiday season we hope you’ll chose an ethical gift for the men in your life. Your brother doesn’t need another paperweight. Your husband has enough ties. Your father-in-law isn’t going to love the jelly-of-the-month club subscription …. So choose sustainable and ethical gifts they’ll actually love!
1. Gift certificate to a local farm to table restaurant. Supporting local/ethical farming practices at a fun restaurant takes a stand for our environment without seeming like a stick in the mud. Here are some ideas for restaurants in the US. Tell us your favorite ethical restaurant in your neighborhood in the comments below! Bonus: Do you have young children? Throw in a voucher for a babysitter on the evening you chose to go out.
2. L’Occitane aftershave. A company based on responsible purchasing, social responsibility and philanthropy will definitely soothe more than just razor burned skin. ;)
3. Patagonia water bottle. The benefits of a reusable water bottle have been stated a million times. Bonus for supporting a company that’s been sustainable and ethical long before it was in vogue.
4. Freitag bag. Reusing ultra durable truck tarps to help you move your stuff about town, or about the world. Bonus: Slide an airline or train ticket into a weekend bag to surprise him with a romantic getaway.
5. Donation in your name to WWF or other similar charity. Let’s face it, he just doesn’t want more stuff.
6. TTANTI watch. A watch that looks just as good with a suit as it does hiking boots. This watch has a Swiss made timepiece encased with sustainably sourced wood from Patagonia, Chile.
7. Organic/sustainable wine. The only thing better than receiving booze is knowing it’s been made in a way that protects the environment.
8. Eco-friendly bike kit. Perhaps he’s given up his car to ride a bike to work? What better way to support his eco-friendly decision than making it easy to care for his bike. Bonus: This kits comes with a pack of seeds so you can try your hand at your very own eco-friendly garden!
9. Solar Panels for communities in need. Give the gift of power to off the grid communities and help to power sanitation facilities, dams/irrigation systems for eco-friendly gardening etc.
10. Clothes from VIRTŪ. Ethical fashion that looks smart and timeless. These eco-friendly fashion choices provide a living wage and ethical working conditions for workers. Cozy pullovers for winter, classic button downs and lots more on the horizon.